Tuesday, August 14, 2007

St.John Gabriel Perboyre's Prayer

This prayer has been an almost daily prayer of for me since the day I found it in February? at Saint Quote of the Day's Blog. I must confess and testify that that prayer has strengthened me with the graces necessary for perseverance in self-abandonment, self-denial, and conversion of heart. It has helped re-enforce my will to speak or do the righteous word or deed.

I printed it with the martyr saint, and placed it directly above my mirror with the Divine Mercy Picture below it. Every day I would generally see it and would pray it. Today though I didn't pray it because I did not visit the mirror long enough to glance at it (Instead, I went to morning Mass).

I would like to share with all this Prayer to preserve the line of graces shared by the blog's authors. Let us also seek the intersession of that Martyr Saint, Saint John Gabriel Perboyre.




O my Divine Savior,
Transform me into Yourself.
May my hands be the hands of Jesus.
Grant that every faculty of my body
May serve only to glorify You.

Above all,
Transform my soul and all its powers
So that my memory, will and affection
May be the memory, will and affections
Of Jesus.

I pray You
To destroy in me all that is not of You.
Grant that I may live but in You, by You and for You,
So that I may truly say, with Saint Paul,
"I live - now not I - But Christ lives in me.

--Saint John Gabriel Perboyre

No comments: