Thursday, September 20, 2007

Our Mistress Enters Ephesus

The Most Blessed Mary thanked the owners, who were to live with Her. Then She retired to her room and, prostrate upon the ground as was usual in her prayers, She adored the immutable essence of God, offering to sacrifice Herself in his service in the city (Ephesus) and saying:


"Lord God omnipotent, by the immensity of thy Divinity Thou fillest all the heavens and the earth (Jer. 23,34). I thy humble handmaid, desire to fulfill entirely thy holy will, on all occasions, in all places, and at all times, in which thy Providence shall deign to place me; for Thou art my only Good, my being and my life, and toward thy pleasure and satisfaction tend all my thoughts, words and actions"

The most prudent Mother perceived that the Lord accepted her prayer and her offering, and that He responded to her desires with divine power, ready to assist and govern Her always. - The Mystical City of God by Ven. Mary of Agreda Spain.

I encourage all to Imitate Mary by Imitating Her prayer. Print it, pray it, and memorize it.

2 comments:

Lapa said...

CRISTOVAO DE AGUIAR

MEET THIS TOP WRITER OF THE PORTUGUESE LANGUAGE.

UNIVERSAL CULTURE IS THANKFUL.

LITERARY GREETINGS,

AZORES - PORTUGAL

NEW LITERARY BLOG
Please, add it to your favourites.

Athanasis Contra Mundum said...

Great idea! Mary always points us toward her Son.